Help improve people’s lives
Senior Software Engineer In Test
CityBase is a govtech startup, headquartered in the West Loop of Chicago. We are a team of more than 40 people who are curious, driven and forward-thinking.
CityBase creates technology to make government more personal and responsive. We work with municipalities, agencies, and utilities to integrate their business processes and citizen interactions onto a central, cloud-based platform accessible through multiple channels, including web, mobile, kiosk, and point-of-sale.
What we’re looking for:
We have an opportunity for a talented Software Engineer In Test to join our team and help us build the next generation CityBase platform. As part of an agile, highly capable development team, you will work with our product team to define and implement the future of GovTech.
This position will give you experience in:
- React Native
- Production deployment of high-availability NoSQL implementations
- Design, build and maintain tools for the rest of the development organization which make testing easier and faster for developers
- Manage test implementation and quality validation for the entire project
- Work closely and collaboratively with a small multi disciplined agile team
- Raise the bar in terms of code quality, helping our teams ship software more often
- Coach and mentor our junior team members as they tackle even larger problems
- Choose and lay the groundwork for new test suites
- Decide when the project is ready for release or when we need to push back on deadlines
- Help make CityBase an emerging leader in GovTech
- 5+ years of software development experience in an Agile environment, utilizing lean/Scrum/XP Programming software development principles.
- Have experience with development languages like: Ruby, Perl, Python, Java, or PHP
- Experience leading testing projects
- Strong familiarity with Unix/Linux environments.
- Cloud computing (AWS).
- Continuous integration and deployment such as Jenkins, Circle CI.
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub).
- Strong database skills preferably experience using PostgreSQL.
- Data (SQL or similar query language) and data constructs (XML, JSON).
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies such as functional, SOA and performance testing.
- Nice to have: Experience with functional programming languages such as Elm, Elixir, or Erlang (Scala, Clojure, F#, etc.)
What we will provide you:
- Competitive, equitable salary
- Stock-based compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Stipends for travel and phone expenses
- A fun environment to collaborate with like-minded professionals excited to build a company and product together
- Balance work and life with a generous vacation policy, office holidays and flexible working options
You’ll probably be really happy here if:
- You're looking to contribute to our culture and roadmap
- You love working collaboratively
- You are high energy and low ego
- You’re comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
- You have a positive open attitude and a desire to have fun